Friday, January 22, 2010

Letter To Cancel A Car

The expedition to the Salar de Uyuni - 2 º stage between lakes and volcanoes

Nothing made me anticipate this world of color. Arose before my eyes as devouring miles, deserts, but all different. Siloli the desert, the Dali, the Stones, each with its spectacular grandeur that set him apart from the rest.
In fact, despite my various notes I found it difficult to keep order in the tour he was doing, maps, brochures, nothing prepared us for this colorful display of nature uniquely shaped rocks, sand and striped in bands, the strangeness to stand and observe a seemingly limitless horizon and suddenly surrounding a mountain, or down a dune the blinding vision of the lakes inhabited by flamingos.
impossible to say which was the most beautiful, every time I thought "this is the most beautiful", we got to one that left us quiabiertos bo. In our journey during the day and the next, even though he had not yet reached the Salar de Uyuni, landscapes and experiences than offset both the price and inconvenience.
Kolipa Laguna, Laguna Celeste, Laguna Blanca, were the first to visit. It was noon, we stopped for lunch and a swim at the Baths of Aguas Calientes. We arrived and there were many groups of tourists, having lunch or taking your BATHTUB o. We were the last to arrive and depart, bound for Laguna Verde (4,400 meters) located in Desert of Dali. There I had my moment of greatest anguish when I saw that in the locker room of the baths had left my camera and had just over 500 captured since the beginning of this tour. I did not mind the camera (which cost me a lot) but the picture spellings going to lose, and think that it would have none of this beautiful experience. Everyone tried to calm my silent cry. Margarita and Raul told me we had to go through the Baths and probably would be in the place where I left off, but I was devastated.
the way to Laguna Verde, lasted about half an hour. In the distance you could see the volcano Ucancabur of 5950 meters.
The rest of my colleagues told me "you will not be without pictures" from now on, if you can not find the camera, we'll send you ours. Unfortunately, my mood conditions did not eg RMIT enjoy this beautiful Instead, it was eager to return.
Finally we returned, at first said they had not seen anything that the camera was not, I asked them to help in the search and give a reward if found. Magically, the camera appeared in the hands of a child and I gave 50 bolivianos.
M argarita became angry, he said he would have been enough to give 10, but I feared that if he was little, he could not recover. (There were about seven dollars, and they represented a lot of money)
was happy when we got to the geysers and fumaroles "Morning Sun" located at 5000 meters high, I loved watching the colors of the different minerals intermingled and threw bubbling jets of high-pressure steam. He ran a strong wind, and the evening began to fall. Shortly after we arrived at the shelter Huayllajara.
That night, after dinner, play cards, take a few beers and went to sleep. Outside, the desert wind howled and the temperature had dropped considerably.
In the morning, I woke up before the rest of the group and when I went to the gallery to sit down to breakfast, I noticed that we had destroyed a housing; I warned Raul, who with the help of Tom and Micky started to change. (All Jeep carrying two extra wheels and elements necessary to repair any punctures)
We take a coffee together pancakes with dulce de leche, q ue were a feast for the palate and left.
Laguna Colorada was our first stop at 4270 meters, beautiful, majestic, then Ramadita Laguna, Honda, Charcot (where we had lunch on the banks of the lagoon), then go on to Laguna Hedionda and canapés. The camera was not enough to capture the splendor and extent of these places, but I never tired of shooting every possible angle. We spent the Siloli Desert, where the Stone Tree, a freak of nature, nestled in the Desert. We crossed the D
esierto of the rock and then the Valley Tum Tum, in some parts we got off and we helped move rocks to pass the Jeep and keep on track. To visualize the distance to 5865 meters Ollague volcano (active), we could see the smoke and steam coming out around the top.
dusk, when we crossed a few crops of quinoa, we were coming to the shelter of Villa Candelaria, on the shores of the Salar. Tired, happy, hungry and eager to take a bath (here he showers with hot water)
The construction was rare, entirely made from blocks of salt, including tables, seating, stairs and beds. I mismatches, My feet sank into the salt for a long time fiddling as a child. Before going to bed, I went to observe the night, the shelter was located at an elevation from where you saw the people in the distance. A beautiful moon shining in the sky completely clear , I sat down to watch the eerie landscape of the moon, silver staining of the world's largest salt flat. It was bedtime, to 22.30 lights out of the shelter.
At 4.30 am, we would come to see the sunrise most extraordinary of my life. Finally go into the Salar de Uyuni!

0 comments:

Post a Comment