was about 7.30 am when the train arrived in Oruro. I went down with the rest of the passengers and
I went to the baggage-car can not take anything in the passenger car, except for a small bag and coats. Containment fences and put behind them bags, backpacks, boxes unloaded personnel. Each person with his ticket in hand waited until they controlled the numbers and delivered. I preferred that most of the passengers pulled the bags, because in no hurry. The sun shone in a cloudless sky, but it was cold. She went out with a map of the city had asked the tourism office of the station. Standing on the sidewalk, deciding the direction to take, I saw several carts installed, where people from the city to
fencing to take what should be breakfast. . A rich aroma of cinnamon, vanilla and cloves came from there. The people standing received a bowl and spoon with what appeared to be a broth or soup hot, accompanied by tempting-looking rolls, others looked like being fried cakes. Curiosity led me to ask what was and they said, is "api" is "tojori", words that did not add anything to my limited knowledge of food, beverages and desserts regional Bolivians. I was tempted to order them, but I wanted to find out what it was before you taste them. I noticed a girl who relished what seemed to be a compote of peaches, and I started walking, thinking how different it was our breakfast. He was hungry and the perceived aromas I remembered that for several hours
did not eat anything, but first look for accommodation. He had scored two or three possible sites, the difference in price was due to the type of services and distance from downtown. I started by going to the cheapest, but after visiting two or three and not get all I realized I had made the mistake of not making a reservation, it was shortly before the carnival and also celebrated the birthday of the city. The city was bustling with tourists, photographers, journalists who came to seek to register the Carnival of Oruro Diablada. Finally, I was starting to worry about finding room in a Hotel quite luxurious,
that was the most expensive of the options as I indicated, but when I asked the price, was not well. Beautifully designed and decorated, the room was spacious, with antique furniture, the dining room with columns and construction designs reminiscent of the "Belle Époque." When I went to breakfast I said I was free. It was a party to see all kinds of shawty fairly complete, well dispersed in a large table decorated, where you could serve sweets, cheeses, meats, juices, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, milk and assorted muffins. I was happy reach this beautiful city at the right time, in Street schoolchildren in their uniforms and supplies, improvised battles with water balloons outside the school. Duran
you two days, countless bands with colorful uniforms interpreted songs in the main plaza and an amphitheater - which is also used for the dance of the groups, during the carnival. Oruro in the market, accompanied by a couple of Argentines could prove "api" and "tojori" accompanied by cheese-filled pastries called. Different foods are made with corn meal and cooked with spices, sweetened with sugar or honey. The color (red, yellow or almost purple) depends on the type of corn. It contains many nutrients, similar in preparation As in Argentina known as "mush." In one of my trips, I went to meet the Church of Our Lady of the tunnel, patron saint of miners, nestled in the hills, whose story is worthy of listening to the historical implications that has. Within the same church I visited the Museum of the Tunnel, that part of the interior d
the temple. Toured the galleries, "belong to an old mine that is no longer in operation, and stores instruments, memorabilia and even the image of" Uncle "is a doll made with demonic features and costume. It means the spirit of the mine, and is at the entrance to the galleries. According to popular belief, miners must usually leave a small gift (candy, cigarettes, coca leaves) for permission to enter the interior of the mountain and take their treasures. I marveled visiting the Museum of Masks, located next to the Church of the Tunnel . Some masks are very valuable, are of all sizes, designs and colors, from some ancient being made by craftsmen in metal, ceramic-encrusted costumes and feathers to the most varied and exotic models. Oruro is a beautiful, ancient, traditional, happy, with stunning landscapes. I walked to the lighthouse of the city, where you can see all the beauty of Oruro located in a sort of dry / Terrace Plaza. At the foot of the lighthouse, there is over-reliefs with shields d
and each of the Bolivian provinces, including one that was lost in the war against Chile. I kept rising and reached to the highest point of Oruro, where the cross overlooking the city. Walking around town is a beautiful experience, turn your head to where the landscape is different. I did walk, because I was several days. The effort is significant and the slope of some streets, coupled with the lack of habit of being too high, "is 3,075 meters above sea level, ends agotando.Por night, in the days before the celebration of Carnival, is heard band music, the sound of fireworks, firecrackers and sparklers, causes people to the sidewalks. On the streets, groups that participate in the event, they tend to dance with colored uniforms, bells on clothes and hats. (Gala costumes and masks are used only for dancing during the 4 days of carnival) A previous parades are called "treats." On 1 Treat takes place on Friday nights and Saturday two weeks before, the 2 nd Treat night Friday and Saturday from a week prior
TES. The significance is to make a call or invite people to participate in the party. I also know that in both Bolivia and Peru, while de los años, el Carnaval no es una fiesta estrictamente pagana, pues a través del proceso de evangelización se mezclaron lo que antiguamente eran eventos de agradecimiento a la Pachamama y pedido de protección en las siguientes cosechas; con el agradecimiento y la bendición de la Virgen. Por ello durante el carnaval se danza llevando la Imagen de la Virgen de La Candelaria, o se la coloca presidiendo los actos. También se le da significado de la lucha del bien y del mal. Por ello en los desfiles hay imágenes representativas de ángeles y demonios. Oruro me había fascinado, pero era hora de partir; debía seguir camino. Esta vez iría en ómnibus. La ruta era buena, el trayecto no demasiado largo y deseaba conocer el paisaje while still ascending. Further north, closer to the height. My next destination was La Paz, 3,650 meters. Montero Magui
I went to the baggage-car can not take anything in the passenger car, except for a small bag and coats. Containment fences and put behind them bags, backpacks, boxes unloaded personnel. Each person with his ticket in hand waited until they controlled the numbers and delivered. I preferred that most of the passengers pulled the bags, because in no hurry. The sun shone in a cloudless sky, but it was cold. She went out with a map of the city had asked the tourism office of the station. Standing on the sidewalk, deciding the direction to take, I saw several carts installed, where people from the city to
fencing to take what should be breakfast. . A rich aroma of cinnamon, vanilla and cloves came from there. The people standing received a bowl and spoon with what appeared to be a broth or soup hot, accompanied by tempting-looking rolls, others looked like being fried cakes. Curiosity led me to ask what was and they said, is "api" is "tojori", words that did not add anything to my limited knowledge of food, beverages and desserts regional Bolivians. I was tempted to order them, but I wanted to find out what it was before you taste them. I noticed a girl who relished what seemed to be a compote of peaches, and I started walking, thinking how different it was our breakfast. He was hungry and the perceived aromas I remembered that for several hours
did not eat anything, but first look for accommodation. He had scored two or three possible sites, the difference in price was due to the type of services and distance from downtown. I started by going to the cheapest, but after visiting two or three and not get all I realized I had made the mistake of not making a reservation, it was shortly before the carnival and also celebrated the birthday of the city. The city was bustling with tourists, photographers, journalists who came to seek to register the Carnival of Oruro Diablada. Finally, I was starting to worry about finding room in a Hotel quite luxurious,
that was the most expensive of the options as I indicated, but when I asked the price, was not well. Beautifully designed and decorated, the room was spacious, with antique furniture, the dining room with columns and construction designs reminiscent of the "Belle Époque." When I went to breakfast I said I was free. It was a party to see all kinds of shawty fairly complete, well dispersed in a large table decorated, where you could serve sweets, cheeses, meats, juices, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, milk and assorted muffins. I was happy reach this beautiful city at the right time, in Street schoolchildren in their uniforms and supplies, improvised battles with water balloons outside the school. Duran
you two days, countless bands with colorful uniforms interpreted songs in the main plaza and an amphitheater - which is also used for the dance of the groups, during the carnival. Oruro in the market, accompanied by a couple of Argentines could prove "api" and "tojori" accompanied by cheese-filled pastries called. Different foods are made with corn meal and cooked with spices, sweetened with sugar or honey. The color (red, yellow or almost purple) depends on the type of corn. It contains many nutrients, similar in preparation As in Argentina known as "mush." In one of my trips, I went to meet the Church of Our Lady of the tunnel, patron saint of miners, nestled in the hills, whose story is worthy of listening to the historical implications that has. Within the same church I visited the Museum of the Tunnel, that part of the interior d
the temple. Toured the galleries, "belong to an old mine that is no longer in operation, and stores instruments, memorabilia and even the image of" Uncle "is a doll made with demonic features and costume. It means the spirit of the mine, and is at the entrance to the galleries. According to popular belief, miners must usually leave a small gift (candy, cigarettes, coca leaves) for permission to enter the interior of the mountain and take their treasures. I marveled visiting the Museum of Masks, located next to the Church of the Tunnel . Some masks are very valuable, are of all sizes, designs and colors, from some ancient being made by craftsmen in metal, ceramic-encrusted costumes and feathers to the most varied and exotic models. Oruro is a beautiful, ancient, traditional, happy, with stunning landscapes. I walked to the lighthouse of the city, where you can see all the beauty of Oruro located in a sort of dry / Terrace Plaza. At the foot of the lighthouse, there is over-reliefs with shields d
and each of the Bolivian provinces, including one that was lost in the war against Chile. I kept rising and reached to the highest point of Oruro, where the cross overlooking the city. Walking around town is a beautiful experience, turn your head to where the landscape is different. I did walk, because I was several days. The effort is significant and the slope of some streets, coupled with the lack of habit of being too high, "is 3,075 meters above sea level, ends agotando.Por night, in the days before the celebration of Carnival, is heard band music, the sound of fireworks, firecrackers and sparklers, causes people to the sidewalks. On the streets, groups that participate in the event, they tend to dance with colored uniforms, bells on clothes and hats. (Gala costumes and masks are used only for dancing during the 4 days of carnival) A previous parades are called "treats." On 1 Treat takes place on Friday nights and Saturday two weeks before, the 2 nd Treat night Friday and Saturday from a week prior
TES. The significance is to make a call or invite people to participate in the party. I also know that in both Bolivia and Peru, while de los años, el Carnaval no es una fiesta estrictamente pagana, pues a través del proceso de evangelización se mezclaron lo que antiguamente eran eventos de agradecimiento a la Pachamama y pedido de protección en las siguientes cosechas; con el agradecimiento y la bendición de la Virgen. Por ello durante el carnaval se danza llevando la Imagen de la Virgen de La Candelaria, o se la coloca presidiendo los actos. También se le da significado de la lucha del bien y del mal. Por ello en los desfiles hay imágenes representativas de ángeles y demonios. Oruro me había fascinado, pero era hora de partir; debía seguir camino. Esta vez iría en ómnibus. La ruta era buena, el trayecto no demasiado largo y deseaba conocer el paisaje while still ascending. Further north, closer to the height. My next destination was La Paz, 3,650 meters. Montero Magui NOTE: Photo 1 - Festival of Bands. Photo 2 - 2 º Treat Carnival.
Photo 3 - Faro de Oruro. Photo 4 - View of the City from the Lighthouse.
Photo 5 - A street that goes to the Tunnel. Photo 6 - at the Monument to the Miner.
Photo 7 - Church of Our Lady of the Tunnel. Photo 8 - Entering Mining Museum
0 comments:
Post a Comment