Thursday, March 26, 2009

Difference Between Zeldox And Geodon

LA PAZ - A city of contrasts.

I left Oruro in the early afternoon, the trip was beautiful, I felt comfortable, the scenery of the mountains at dusk, touches of gray areas in the valleys and the sky partially covered with clouds left sunbeams filter resembling golden threads, creating the feeling of a painting surrealista.Empezaba dark when I first saw in the distance, from above the city of La Paz, and small squares of colors lying in a deep hollow surrounded mountains. Began to descend gradually, the bus was making more frequent stops in different places as we went in the urban area and we kept going down the road lying on the mountain slopes surrounding the city. We entered La Paz, when it was dark. There was little movement, the terminal was almost empty, well lit, clean. The unusual design, high ceilings, benches, plants, numerous shops, closed at this time. I remembered some recommendations that I had actually care about my safety at night, and decided to leave the Ochil m in one of several local stores - bags that were open 24 hours. For a few coins received my luggage and gave me a numbered ticket. That allowed him keep it for a day; (de hecho que no pensaba en tenerlo más allá de las dos horas) pero la idea era moverme rápidamente hasta encontrar alojamiento en un lugar adecuado y seguro, antes de la medianoche. Eran casi las 11 p.m. cuando salí de la bella y amplia Terminal. Afuera, poco movimiento de vehículos; sin embargo, como en cualquier lugar del mundo, un grupo de taxistas esperaba potenciales clientes mientras fumaban y reían, conversando animadamente.Me acerqué a ellos y les expliqué que viajaba sola, no conocía la ciudad y necesitaba al ojarme en un lugar cómodo seguro, pero barato, pues no tenía demasiado dinero. (Es adecuado decir esto, cuando uno se dirige a un extraño en un lugar desconocido, the possibility of accidental contact with a person not good intentions), but immediately, several of them agreed in indicating a hostel that was near the front entrance, up the avenue. I was told it was a serious place, clean and safe. I crossed the street and walked to the entrance. The hostel was perched on a slope, had ladders for which was rising on small terraces with benches and plants. It was the Tambo de Oro, had rooms of various types and prices, according to the amenities offered. I ordered room, and returned to the terminal, where grateful for the attention to the group of taxi drivers who had recommended me. Was on his way to deposit luggage, I found a couple of jov enes in the central hall almost deserted; looked at both sides, disoriented and looking worried. I approached them and told them if I could help. Honeymoon came, came from Chile, did not know the city and had no accommodation, so I loaded my bags and took them with me, to be installed in the same hostel. From then on, a good part of journey to Macchu Picchu were my fellow adventurers and made several trips together. We tried lunch and buy souvenirs. The next morning I started my tour of La Paz, walking and taking photographs, my heart beat as drum, was agitated, ears were ringing me, I could not breathe and a headache not let me go despite taking aspirin. At the time of breakfast coffee with milk, butter, jam and two rolls (the kind that we use for burgers) - I mentioned my discomfort to the employee who served breakfast. I asked if it was plain area and when I said you afirmativamen told me that is the sickness. Go to the pharmacy, will sell you some pills to be taken every day in the morning, and not bother more. Wise words! I bought a box and the rest of the trip in Bolivia and Peru I did not feel anything strange. Certain times sucked coca candies also took a cup of this tea I served not only as a palliative for the altitude sickness, but as a digestive when I was a binge comidas.La Bolivian capital welcomed me with open arms, was an ancient city , with beautiful balconies and ornate houses in front of the last century, who lived with large modern buildings. Wide roads, which crossed with narrow cobbled streets. Dry places stunning in contrast to other full of colorful flowers. A lot of people, impress you amount of stalls. Maddening traffic and disorganized. The bombastic chatter of foreigners and the soft murmur Quechua or Aymara natives. The elegance and simplicity of men and women in business, with colorful embroidery of traditional costumes of layered skirts and felt hats. A place of contrasts, to enjoy it filled the eyes of history, scenery and strong flavors, spicy, as strong as the impact of different cultures mixed in the daily office of peaceful coexistence. Aboriginal footprint was strong, the influence of European migration as well, the result was beautiful frontispieces Beautifully ornate filigree and a culture worthy of being and revealed to the world. It was question of discovering the heart of Bolivia, in this city whose name sounded like an offering and prayer: La Paz. Montero Magui
NOTE: Photo 1 - San Francisco Church. Photo 2 - Government House.
Photo 3-National Congress. Photo 4 - stone monument near San Francisco Church
Photo 5 - A street in La Paz - Photo 6 - Detail of stone carving on the façade of the Iglesia San Francisco

0 comments:

Post a Comment