Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Intruder Firing On One Cylinder

Titicaca Copacabana - A dream. The support among travelers

course I left La Paz to Copacabana, visit the last district before crossing the border into Peru. N i even knew that Bolivia was a place with the same name that found in Brazil. We were playing small populations left in the road, but I just dropped it necessary to continue the journey. However, because along the way had heard wonders of the place where I was headed. Nothing made me guess what would be there, not even imagined. Only had warned me that since this place could take an excursion to Isla del Sol and Isla de la Luna (later I could not go to the latter) We left early, around dawn, the clear sky a cloudless blue color . As the days had passed and when he climbed higher and higher, the cleanliness of ether was evident. And no trouble breathing, and well-medicated I filled the breast of the mountain air, the smell of fresh grass at dawn and blinding colors of the landscape. The little information that Bolivia was the country convinced me that the west region which would, it was just dry and arid, but the bright green pastures warned me I was wrong. To this was added that over the miles or hid appeared again and see the distance a bit of Lake Titicaca and the horizon was fading into the imaginary unity of heaven with Lago.Llegamos to a pier, we had to cross in boat, raft passing vehicles. Lake was a part where it narrowed, thus saved many miles is unnecessary to go edging, in and out of Peruvian territory, which is why Desaguadero would see on the way back from the boat crossing Perú.El was nice, we reached the other side and got back in our respective transport to continue the journey. The miles seemed to feel it to where you looked, a wonderful spectacle presented to those ojos.Había many young people making the trip, most of them would only be passing through Copacabana, then went to camp on the Isla del Sol Some already knew the way and suddenly said: Look, there is Copacabana! In the distance, on a gentle slope that looked d Ince route were two hills in the middle a valley that was almost the shape of a plate leaning toward the lake, I caught a glimpse of the population at an altitude of 3800 meters. As a brooch pinned at the edge of the Titicaca and guarded by the hills, looked majestic in the sunlight. We descended on the small square of artisans, this day was celebrated as "the dance of the Wives" so the women wore brightly colored costumes. I went down and walk some youth group with whom to share the journey I said, if you have no where to stop, come with us, there is a hostel nearby, is simple but clean, there are many travelers and not get to sleep. And I followed. One suggested to wait the get the best price, because he knew the manager. Finally returned, they sat in three double and triple for the aunt (or I) a single room without breakfast (with shared bathroom), what all I have to pay? And started laughing. "If you want to be alone then you will have a lot more expensive than us, you must pay a dollar a day. I could not believe it was supposed to be mocking, but confirmed method price when entering the board. In fact, only had a bed, night table, a chair and a small wall shelf. The backpack on the bed until it's time to sleep, then passed it on to the chair, balancing to avoid falling. It was a small cell, but the comfortable bed and clean sheets, no longer needed. I have the habit just to get to know the local Church. I went to the main square to receive the blessing of Our Lady of La Candelaria, a beautiful white church with its finely carved doors. In the plaza, the band played lively music and had a huge number of pigeons, children and some adults fed and recorded in photographs. I walked a lot from business with crafts, paintings, bars, pubs, hotels. Almost all the streets were narrow, would result in decline in the lago.Jóvenes artisans (mostly foreigners) displayed their products, woven bracelets, made braids, painted items, pottery modeled cold, singing and laughing among themselves. I went to ask for prices, there I discovered a couple of Argentines who had been traveling from M exico six months ago, while touring the country. I watched with joy and anxiety consulted if I was carrying "mate". I took out the thermos and sat on the sidewalk cebarles a while. I promised to return in the evening bringing them a little gift mate it was enough to grant them a little. I suggested it was clear that Argentina, as (in some places) refused to meet the Chilean people, an issue which I solved by buying what fellow travelers from that country needed, but it was only in specific situations. In almost all cases are not generated inconvenientes.Por afternoon, we gathered in a nice bar that had chairs and tables made from tree trunks, ate pizza, drank hot chocolate (in the evening the wind coming from the lake is too cold) Or would assemble cookers to the shore of the lake while the sun was wrapped in blankets and coats, we sang, we had stories and excursions We planned heating the body with matte or taking a drink of rum, but already ten at night all way back to our respective homestays N: because the cold made it impossible. One day I rented a sailboat to sail on the Titicaca and take photographs of people from another perspective, Willy-the boatman, "only managed to take a picture where it appears part of my head, I finally gave up. I could not make him understand how the camera works, so I started to record the landscape, giving them out. The four-hour ride, I got two dollars. The next day make the trip to Isla del Sol and two days would cross the Peruvian border. Each day spent, I approached my main goal, Macchu Picchu, although not fail to recognize that not a single moment was wasted, the minutes and hours lived in this beautiful project, were impossible to forget. Until now, knowing Bolivia had been a fantastic experience. MONTERO Magui
NOTE: Photo1-Vista reaching Copacabana. Photo2-Copacabana from above, behind Lake Titicaca.
Photo3-Church of Our Lady of Copacabana - Photo4-A street in Copacabana, at the lake bottom -
Photo 5 - View of Pier Copacabana Photo 6 - View of Copacabana from Lake Titicaca.

0 comments:

Post a Comment