Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sympathy Quotes From Bi

The experience marked my life - Climbing Waina

Disclaimer: I decided to place In a story called "The Rock" whose copyright belongs to me and is with many others on stage issue in my forthcoming book. The decision it is based on impressions and narrates events that occurred during ascent to this mountain. I hope you like. Magui

STONE

was a dream deferred rgamente . Had passed different stages of my life makes plans, which I thought would not come to be realized. I was at a crucial moment that should make decisions, which would be needed to reflect on the way to go, experience told me that this should go away, contact with nature and the remains of a civilization that was deeply curious, directed my steps toward the spiritual center of the primitive priests of Macchu Picchu.
My way was slow, eyes and heart were flooded with colors, perfumes and sensations that far exceeded the expectations we had. Scanty knowledge of human beings and bronze skin, different landscapes, ancient cities, rivers, lakes, placid waters, islands of incredible beauty were shaping milestones in my mind, preparing for the momentous event.
As the days passed I felt inside me, it was a transformation, by the perception Daily strange that people cling to traditions while continually in Andom in Cusco (1). People still talked fluent in Quechua, the language of their elders, traditional customs were different from what I knew previously from other regions, the ancestors had been able to build palaces, temples and fortresses of indescribable beauty, with design and location cosmic balance so perfect that many of them were inexplicable, even to modern science.
Over the days, I was surprised by the stories d and local guides on the destruction and humiliation that they had been submitted on behalf of a catechism made a whip and the sword, without respect by showing greater wisdom in the European time, only that culture had honored Tahuantisuyo nature.
Then I understood the pain of a people who were forced to celebrate "Columbus Day", meaning it was for them to commemorate the martyrdom of their own in defense of their beliefs and customs. Macchu Picchu
was like the crowning of the spirit of these creatures, a citadel that represented the perfect sanctuary, demonstrating that despite the many centuries elapsed, yet stubbornly persisted, saying here I am, this is the world we wanted.
At the dawn of Macchu Picchu, the Inca's face loomed in the sun, perfectly designed by nature itself. Conventional wisdom said that those who dared to climb Wayna Picchu (2) - the nose of the Inca - for the sun's rays touch the sunrise at the summit, would have longed for peace and the protection of their future steps. It was the right time, without being planned, just reached between the summer solstice and the equinox. At seven o'clock, when even Macchu Picchu was in dim light and surrounded by a dense fog, I began to climb.
knew I would take more time to youth and sports, my years of heavy smoker, I said it was not appropriate to do so, but that increased the stubbornness to undertake the ascent. He had accepted the advice of seasoned guides and people with the suggestion not carry much weight. My backpack had a supply of bottled water, flashlight, rain coat, a fruit and two sandwiches.
The journey was not difficult, a path narrow, very rugged and steep but well defined leading to the summit, in some places still resisted the passage of time steps carved into the rock by the ancient inhabitants of the citadel. The space was not more than sixty or seventy centimeters, except small places, where it widened a bit, allowing for rest during the ascent of the mountain wall on one side and the other vacuum. Amid the dense vegetation could be observed at times the mighty Urubamba River, a tributary of the Amazon, and the citadel, which was getting smaller as we climbed.
Several people were climbing, some helped with canes, others taking the stones were small groups of smiling young people seeking adventure and good photos, which had traveled from different countries and exchanged jokes.
I was up in silence, breathing hard, my legs were shaking, lay each with increasing frequency, until finally I reached the summit. A majestic setting lay at my feet, the vegetation was bluish hues and performed the ritual that I had indicated, I opened my arms crossed, and I put my face to the east for me to come full sunlight. Then I went a few meters, to sit and rest in a place sheltered from intense wind that blew, I positioned myself under the shelter of a stone, I ate fruit and drank a little water.
stood with eyes closed, hoping to share with everyone, these moments so intense. I was a little sleepy, until the wind became stronger, whistled and water droplets began to fall. When I opened my eyes, no one was at the summit, had undertaken to return to the citadel, the impending storm that was brewing, making dangerous descent.
was disoriented, the rain and wind and fell sharply and began to seek the path to return. I turned to the right side, I saw a small arrow almost blurred and guessed that it took the right path. Slowly and carefully made the steps, there was not more than two meters away, the water came down hard from the top forming small waterfalls running dragging stones, making risky journey. I noticed the thick vegetation and some trees growing on the cliff, covered with foliage the way, forming a tunnel over me, making me feel more secure.
I walked for about an hour, until I reached the plateau, not more than one hundred feet square. On the wall of the mountain opened up a cave, just beyond the remains of the small building that was "the Temple of the Moon" and other buildings, then only the cliff, surrounded by trees and vines and was there where I realized the error. Had dropped the mountain, but on the opposite side, there was no possible return without climb again. I was exhausted, the water had crept under the guise of letting rain soaked and still raining. I decided to take shelter in the cave was a signpost, said: "The Great Cave" was a sacred place, on the other hand according to ancient beliefs the Moon would protect women and tried to reassure me.
nibbled a sandwich, drink some water and sat down, looking, which seemed ancient catacombs. The silence was broken only by the sound of rain or the flapping of a bird seeking shelter. The muscles ached from the effort of more than three hours away since I left the Citadel, and fear began to emerge. Would strength to face another hike? In this latest installment had crossed fragile wooden walkways, tied with ropes, swaying over the void, felt that the will was leaving me, but I called back to my stubbornness.
The rain was abating, it was time to return. Entry to this sector closed at five in the afternoon, then checked if there were people registered without returning to start the search. I had heard that a few months before an alien is lost and could not recover the body.
lifted the bag and put it in my back and started walking. Each step meant a tremendous effort, climbing boots, seemed weighed tons, uncomfortable wet clothes, but decided to ignore those details and continue to rise. Was arriving at the tip, I found a young man, sitting in one of the breaks where the path widened, eyes showed distress, had jeans and a sleeveless shirt completely wet, purple lips trembled from the cold and I noticed his joy when he saw me appear.
- Hello! - I said - what are you doing here so early? Need help, something happens?
The words came in torrents, did not want to show my relief to find another human being in this desolate path, instead assuming that all visitors had returned.
- I was surprised by rain, I did not bring equipment and cold. I understand that the summit was closer, they were just a few minutes, my family is waiting below.
- Take my raincoat, and rain stopped, but you need to get something on it. Do you want a sandwich and some water?
- Yes, thanks, I have thirst.
- Well, it's time to move on, it's too late. You're going the wrong way, you should turn back. We have to go on top, and rest awhile, then begin to decline.
- Do not worry, an hour ago I'm sitting here, I will walk before him and warning that already low, so you can return slowly, thank you very much for your help.
- Goodbye friend, we are down. When
reach the summit because no traces were young, I sat down exhausted by the effort, but more quiet, wait for my arrival.
The fog still covered everything with a fluffy coat, the cold wind seemed to caress, the sun shone of times to form a majestic rainbow. Down slowly and from a distance I heard the plaintive sound of erke, together with patches and bells. I remembered that day was an act that Machu Picchu was postulated to be chosen as one of the wonders of the world excitement overtook me and did the rest, and there was no rain, but felt his face wet with tears. Knew not to lift anything from the citadel, for was forbidden, but not told me anything about this place. I bent down and picked up a pebble, no bigger than the size of my fist, from the sacred mountain of Wayna Picchu. The legendary music played with instruments magically wrapping with me, and disappeared into the distance with the echo, thought about what had happened and made a promise, while strongly pressed the piece of rock.
If you had managed to cross this hurdle, there would in future difficult situation that was unbeatable. Each distress, each sentence, they face; by looking that stone - that accompanied my return - could revive the spirit, infuse me value. She had the absolute conviction that there would be impossible if it put my effort and will. Again
was coming to the holy city, the clouds were opening. Macchu Picchu looked beautiful at sunset and the sun did shine the Golden City of the Incas ...
(1) Cusco: In 1933, the XXV Congress of Americanists CUSCO choose the name with "S ¨, based on QOSQO the Quechua word that means center or navel of the Inca culture or culture of Tahuantinsuyo. Cosco also. In Peru, writes with s.
(2) Wayna Picchu is a spur that is part of the mountain, cuya base está bañada por el río Urubamba. Su nombre quechua significa “montaña aguja” o montaña joven” también llamada la nariz del Inca. Desde allí se pueden apreciar las construcciones de Macchu Picchu.
NOTA: Todas las fotografías pertenecen a distintos momentos del ascenso al Waina Picchu, y el recorrido hasta La Gran Caverna.
Magui Montero

0 comments:

Post a Comment