Wednesday, June 17, 2009

White Heather Scotch Antique

ANXIETY AND MYSTICISM. Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu. The arrival

Finally it was time expected. Projects done from the start of the journey, some are concrete and others were modified by the lack of experience. The tips of some travelers told me take apart the large backpack to carry all the luggage, a smaller load serving to personal hygiene items, first aid kit, flashlights, batteries and other small everyday things, without having to disarm that he carried on his back. It was more comfortable for short trips (of no more than two or three days) without carrying much weight with me. The way he taught, step by step I knew that the luggage storage of the hotels or you were a good opción.Antes rminales out of Argentina, had read what I had to carry the sacred route of the Incas (with the crossing of the forest included) to get to Macchu Picchu, but despite having the necessary equipment, had no reserves and the issue was complicated. I reflected and realized that maybe this was the best. I knew the journey would be very hard for me, resigned but having always my goal to make-even in part what I had proposed, I chose to buy in Cusco a small package that included a train ride from Cusco to Aguas Calientes, two nights (with breakfast) in a Village and Hostel the entrance with guided tour of Machu Picchu Citadel. The rest would be seeing as presented, but at least he assured me a place to sleep. I left with my backpack girl Cusco. He wore a necessary change of clothes, rain coat, raincoat able, a bathing suit and the obligatory mate (apart from everyday items and hygiene). The train was surprising. Had different categories and prices consequently substantial changes, but the service they had bought was excellent. Piped music, air-conditioned cars, comfortable seating, large glazed windows that allow photographs to be captured easily, good attention. You could eat in the dining car or on the seat, tasty sandwich of the most varied tastes (although high prices). I arrived in Aguas Calientes station late in the morning and the first impression was wonderful. The people were to set in a narrow valley, surrounded by mountains of luxuriant vegetation, the homes, hostels and shops of all kinds, lived harmoniously among streets that rose or down to one side, and bridges linking the village passing over the river coming down hard. A short distance from the hostel was Adelaide, where I would house; located on top of a trade sale of handicrafts, books and postcards. Comfortable, pleasant, well groomed. The room had a large window to the Urubamba River, a tributary of the Amazon, whose waters raged a few yards from my feet and across a wall mont years covered by vegetation. I set out to tour the town, was beautiful, multicolored, with stairs and slopes, had a nice craft fair, enticing for the variety of items offered. The main street where they were locked amounted to the hot springs used since ancient times, by which the people received that name. Around the street, groups of tourists listening to music, resting, or drinking something cool on the sidewalks. I returned for lunch, take bath in the hot springs in the siesta hours, the weather was with me in bright sunlight, but feared that the next day could change over time, common issue there. Typical food I ate lunch and headed for the hot springs. The trip was to climb nte, following the route of the river coming down hard on the ravine. The flowers, ferns, moss and trees indicated tropical microclimate, birds and butterflies were crossed to either side, entertainment, and what the distance was not too much, and I was gone almost without trying. I paid the entrance and entered the pool area. In fact they were small pools with ladders to dive and remain seated. The place was surrounded by grass and flowers at the sides. There were several pools, located on the slope of the land, they explained that they were further down the slope, and ran hotter, and that should take the usual precautions of any spa. Was the usual ten minutes and I sat back and enjoy the sun there I met another group of people that tomorrow was going to meet the Citadel and we are excited to build a project (irresponsible). We had paid the bus for the return trip to Aguas Calientes, but after failing to make "Inca Trail" we decided to climb to the citadel, aided by the experience of a Peruvian boy who had already so we had to get hecho.Para for about three hours and arrive at dawn to enter just opened the doors. There I meet with the guide and the people who were on the buses and come to Macchu Picchu. In the game we were six. A young Japanese couple, an Australian girl, a U.S., me and our fearless guide, who only by enthusiasm for adventure was joining this experience with people who never had and do not know the dangers of this form. We start with a few things. I carried in my backpack than flashlight and bottled water, my medicine cabinet, two sandwiches, two apples, chamber fot you, the raincoat and a shirt. I knew it would be a hard journey and should not carry anything heavy. There was a moon, but also the night was not clear, at first lanterns were used, but when we started to climb, time needed both hands and did not know how to do. I decided to tie it firmly with one correa en mi pecho apuntando hacia abajo, así al menos vería donde ponía los pies. Me puse unos viejos guantes porque las piedras lastimaban las manos, la hierba estaba húmeda y había niebla, ¿o serían nubes? Hablábamos poco, por problemas de idioma y porque el esfuerzo cada vez era mayor. Agradecía por otra parte que fuera de noche y no tener idea de la altura, pero me arrepentía de haber seguido a este puñado de jóvenes locos. Sabía que íbamos trepando por el mismo lugar donde iba el camino, pues de rato en rato, cruzábamos la ruta, hacíamos descansos, y luego continuábamos subiendo acortando distancia. Nuestros ojos se acostumbraron a la oscuridad y ahora era easier to see the steep path, I began to sweat and took off the sweater and waterproof jacket. I began to see that the sky was clearer, but gray and drizzle dampened us. Ron told us that there was low cloud and rain but was missing half an hour of climbing. Far up the odd car, I knew by the sound of engines and headlights, told us that employees were beginning to rise. We arrived tired, with some scratches, shaken but with bright eyes that they have succeeded. A wide street with a building, seats in what looked like a bus stop, and input. Just breaking, and were reaching the first buses. I left the makeshift fellow expedition and went to the baths, to wash up. Upon leaving, the place was covered with microphones and tourists swarmed, I found the person I should contact, who looked at me with surprise and disgust I'm cu told him what he had done. We received recommendations of who would be our guide in the Citadel. Told us to go to the bathroom before entering, as in I had not, we should not talk too loudly, because whatever the religion they profess, we must understand that we were entering a place that was a temple, so which was critical respect. Dawn, the place stood amid thick fog, I prayed that it might not rain inside to fully enjoy what we both wanted to meet. Macchu Picchu was entering.
NOTE: Foto1-City of Cusco. Photo 2 and 3 - Arriving Aguas Calientes station.
Photo 4 - Urubamba River. Photo 5 - Having lunch in Aguas Calientes.
Photo 6 - Pueblo de Aguas Calientes. Photo 7 - Termas de Aguas Calientes
Photos 8, 9, 10, 11 - Road to the thermal-Photo 12 - Climbing the Citadel of Macchu Picchu

0 comments:

Post a Comment